THIS RECIPE IS : Dairy Free, Raw Vegan, Vegan
I can’t tell you guys how glad I am I discovered this recipe two days before Christmas.
Regardless if you’re vegan or not, you should try this one out!!! I know that’s what I’m saying about all the recipes on my blog haha. NOT MY FAULT THERE IS SO MUCH DELICIOUS STUFF OUT THERE 🙂
Thank you one green planet for posting this recipe first, I had a lot of fun trying it out with my brother ! ❤
- 1 cup walnuts (140g)
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dates, pitted, soaked for 10 minutes or longer
- 1 tsp gingerbread spice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 TBSP water
- 1 cup cashews, soaked two+ hours
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 TBSP xylitol
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- lemon zest, dried cranberries, cacao nibs, etc. to garnish
- In a food processor, process almond until roughly chopped.
- Add walnuts, dates, raisins, salt, gingerbread spice, lemon zest, coconut sugar, and water. Pulse until mixture just starts to ball up. This took me about 5 minutes of pulsing and scraping the processor down, pulsing and scraping the processor down, etc. If you over-process, too much oil will release and the mix will be too sticky. You want the nuts to still be visible- not a puree.
- When correct texture is reached, press into an 8 inch round pan. I used a parchment-lined springform for easy removal.
- In a high speed blender or food processor, blend all of the topping ingredients until smooth.
- Spread over nut mixture and garnish with lemon zest, and any other desired topping such as dried cranberries, cacao nibs, pomegranate seeds, etc.
Make sure to check more of KoKo Brills work here !!!